Peter J. Kurshan is a trial attorney who has represented and continues to represent clients in virtually all areas of civil litigation, including bankruptcy, contract disputes, intellectual property, premises liability, professional negligence and real estate matters. He is certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Civil Trial Attorney.
In addition to his trial practice, Mr. Kurshan has prepared and presented continuing legal education seminars focused on attorney ethics. He also has extensive experience in the area of alternative dispute resolution. He was appointed by the Office of Attorney Ethics of the Supreme Court of New Jersey as the Secretary of the District VC Fee Arbitration Committee. In such capacity, he administers fee arbitrations between clients and attorneys. He also seeks to resolve each matter before it is presented to an arbitration panel. Mr. Kurshan works with clients in an effort to resolve matters without (and in some cases further) litigation, utilizing alternative dispute resolution mechanisms such as mediation and arbitration to achieve results.
- Overseas National Airways v. the U.S.A., 766 F.2d 97 (2nd Cir. 1985)
- Yarn Industries v. Krupp International, 736 F.2d 125 (4th Cir. 1984)
- U.S. v. Moller-Butcher, 723 F.2d 189 (1st Cir. 1983)
- Selzer v. Fleisher, 629 F.2d 809 (2nd Cir. 1980)
- Sheinbrot v. Pfeffer, 954 F.Supp. 555 (E.D.N.Y. 1997)
- Lovelett v. Peavey Elecs. Corp, 41 U.S.P.Q.2d (BNA) 1192 (1996)
- Pahmer v. Greenberg, 926 F.Supp. 287 (E.D.N.Y 1996)
- Parnes v. Mast Property, 776 F.Supp. 792 (S.D.N.Y 1991)
- Schwartz v. Duckett, 1989 U.S. Dist. Lexis 1569 (E.D.N.Y. 1989)
- Jones v. Munson Transportation, 685 F.Supp. 879 (E.D.N.Y 1989)
- Atlantic Merchandising Group v. Distribution by Air, Inc., 343 N.J. Super. 382 (Law Div. 2001)