Mark A. Meyer is a member of the Board of Directors. His practice focuses on international joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, privatizations, and international arbitrations involving U.S. and European corporations. In addition, he is a member of Rubin Meyer Doru & Trandafir, SPCA, in Bucharest, Romania.
- Mr. Meyer is the author of numerous articles in international publications on a wide variety of legal issues.
Affiliations + Recognition
- Member, Panel of Arbitrators of the International Center for the Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID), an autonomous international institution that is part of the World Bank and established under the Convention on the Settlement of Investment Disputes between States and Nationals of Other States, to which there are currently 157 signatory nations, as well as the Panel of International Arbitrators of the International Centre for Dispute Resolution SM (ICDR), the international division of the American Arbitration Association, the Panel of the Romanian Court of International Commercial Arbitration in Bucharest, and the Panel of the ICC International Court of Arbitration.
- Special advisor for legal and economic matters to five European heads of state including the Presidents of Romania, the Republic of Moldova and the Republic of Montenegro.
- Recipient of the degree of Doctor of Laws, honoris causa, by St. John’s University School of Law in 2007. Mr. Meyer was described as “a pioneer in promoting the rule of law in Central and Eastern Europe since 1990.”
- Named, in 2004, a Harvard Law School Traphagen Distinguished Alumnus for his “great skill in the economic, legal and political transformation of a developing region”.
- Award by Fairleigh Dickinson University, in 2011, of the degree of Doctor of Humane Letters, honoris causa, lauding Mr. Meyer for: “embracing the promise of other cultures, working tirelessly to promote the rule of law in a developing region and building international relationships based on mutual cooperation.”
- Recipient of Fairleigh Dickinson University’s Pinnacle Award, its highest honor for distinguished alumni.
- Member, Executive Council of Fairleigh Dickinson University’s School of Public and Global Affairs, where he lectures on Foreign Investment in Emerging Markets.
- Adjunct Professor of Law, St. John’s University School of Law, teaching “Transactions in Emerging Markets”.
- Recipient, in 2009, of the St. John’s University School of Law annual Dean’s Teaching Award for Mr. Meyer’s outstanding qualities as a teacher.
- Recipient of Romania’s National Order of Merit, Rank of Commander, presented by the President of Romania in 2004.
- Chairman, since 1990, of the Romanian-American Chamber of Commerce, the largest bilateral trade organization in the United States devoted to Romania.
- Recipient, in 2006, from the President of the Republic of Moldova of the Republic of Moldova’s highest civilian decoration, the Medal of Civic Merit.
- Appointment in 2012, Mr. Meyer is the Honorary Consul of the Republic of Moldova for the State of New York.
- Co-Chair of the New York State Bar Association’s Committee on Public International Law since 2009.
- Member of the Advisory Council of the New York International Law Review, published by the New York State Bar Association.
- Chair of the New York City Bar Association’s Council on International Affairs, which coordinates the activities of the 16 Association committees addressing international affairs and considers broad-based international and comparative law issues. He has also been the Chair of the Foreign and Comparative Law Committee of the New York City Bar Association and, while Chair of the European Affairs Committee of the New York City Bar, he led the mission which authored an influential report in 2006 on the violations of international law in Moldova’s separatist enclave of Transnistria which became a United Nations document and formed the basis for a resolution of the Government of Moldova adopting a plan of action to utilize the rule of law to resolve the Transnistrian crisis.
- Election as Life Fellow of the American Bar Foundation.
- Election as a member of the Atlantic Council.
- Martindale-Hubbell’s highest legal ability rating of “AV” (Very High to Preeminent).
- Ranked since 2006 as an international business “Super Lawyer” in New York.
- Listing in Who’s Who in the World, Who’s Who in America, Who’s Who in American Law, and Who’s Who in Finance and Business.
- Member of The Metropolitan Club and the Quogue Club.
- Mr. Meyer lectures widely throughout the United States and Europe on legal aspects of doing business in Emerging Markets.
- State of New York
- Harvard Law School, LL.M.
- St. John’s University School of Law, J.D., LL. D (Hon)
- Fairleigh Dickinson University, B.A., L.H.D (Hon)