Gisella Levi Caroti has been practicing in the areas of corporate and commercial law with Herzfeld + Rubin, P.C. for more than thirty years, representing European clients doing business in the United States. Gisella advises corporate clients in connection with a wide variety of transactions such as corporate structuring, mergers and acquisition, and disposition of businesses, international joint ventures, and shareholder and operating agreements. Additionally, Gisella represents corporate clients in commercial transactions involving manufacturing, distribution, financial agreements, real estate, and employment and intellectual property matters.
Before coming to the United States, Gisella practiced corporate and commercial law in Italy as a partner of a law firm in Milan. She is a frequent speaker at Universities, Bar Associations, and Trade Organizations in Italy.
Gisella’s experience as an international lawyer in both civil law and common law countries, and her knowledge of English, Italian and French languages, has proven to be an invaluable asset in consulting and assisting European clients doing business in the U.S., as well as American companies doing business in Italy.
- Employment Law
- Intellectual Property + Media
Affiliations + Recognition
- Received AV highest ratings from Martindale–Hubbell
- Gold Medal from the Bar Association of Milan, Italy
- Honorary Vice Presidency of Associazione Internazionale Giuristi di Lingua Italiana (“AIGLI”)
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, International Bar Association
- Member, Union Internationale des Avocats
- Member of the Board of Directors of Gruppo Esponenti Italiani (GEI).
- On May 6, 2023, Gisella Levi Caroti addressed the International Association of Italian Speaking Lawyers (“AIGLI”) at its Intermediate Conference in Milan, Italy, regarding the US state laws for the Protection of Distributors at Termination of the Contractual Relationship with Suppliers of the Goods.
- On September 27, 2022, Gisella Levi Caroti was part of an international panel of lawyers who spoke at a conference organized by the University of Bologna, Italy, on the Liability Connected with Driverless Cars. Gisella Levi Caroti spoke about the applicable United States Federal and State laws, and cases on the subject.
- On May 12, 2021, Gisella Levi Caroti was part of an international panel of lawyers who spoke at a Webinar organized by the Bar of Bologna, Italy, on Discrimination in Germany, Great Britain, Italy, and the United States. Gisella Levi Caroti spoke about the applicable Federal and State Laws on Discrimination in the United States.
- On February 5, 2021, Gisella Levi Caroti was the main speaker at a WEBINAR organized by the Bar of Bologna, Italy, on the following subject: COVID-19. Federal and State US Directives regarding Employment.
- On November 13, 2020, Gisella Levi Caroti served as the main speaker during a webinar organized by the Bar of Bologna, Italy, on the topic of Breach of Contracts Caused by the Coronavirus in the United States.
- On May 21, 2019, Gisella Levi Caroti spoke on How to Do Business in the United States at a “Destination U.S.A.” event organized by the Chamber of Commerce in Ancona, Italy.
- On May 18, 2019, Gisella Levi Caroti was the main speaker on “Punitive Damages in the United States” at the intermediate conference of the International Association of Italian Speaking Lawyers (AIGLI), at the University of Milan, Italy.
- On March 28, 2019, and on April 2, 2019, Gisella Levi Caroti addressed the Bar of Bologna, Italy, and the Bar of Milan, Italy, regarding the employers’ obligations under the New York Law on Sexual Harassment.
- On November 2, 2018, Gisella Levi Caroti addressed the Congress of the Union Internationale des Avocats in Porto, Portugal regarding the reasons to exclude the application of the Convention on the International Sales of Goods on the agreements for international clients.
- On May 9, 2018, Gisella Levi Caroti spoke on the subject of “Punitive Damages in the United States” at the Istituto Superiore di Studi Giuridici of the University of Bologna, Italy.
- In May 2017, Gisella Levi Caroti delivered a speech at Scuola Superiore di Studi Giuridici of the University of Bologna about her experience of working in civil law and a common law country, as an attorney admitted both in Italy and in New York. The written version of her speech has been published in the July issue of BOLOGNA FORENSE. http://www.bolognaforense.net/2017/07/un-avvocato-italiano-a-new-york-due-sistemi-a-confronto/
- On November 9, 2016, Gisella Levi Caroti hosted a seminar on “How to Do Business in the United States” at the New York County Lawyers Association.
- On April 13, 2016, Gisella Levi Caroti was the main speaker from the United States on the subject of Social Responsibility of Corporations and the Role and Obligations of Lawyers, at a seminar organized by the Scuola Superiore Studi Giuridici of the University of Bologna, Italy.
- Gisella Levi Caroti, lectured at the Superior School of Legal Studies of the University of Bologna, Italy on the topics of Agreements for the Distribution of Goods, and Promotion of Goods Manufactured by Foreign Companies in the United States.
- State of New York
- State of Connecticut
- New York University School of Law, J.D.
- Universita` Degli Studi di Milano, in Milan, Italy