Maureen Doerner Fogel has over 30 years of experience in complex litigation. Her clients range from multi-national companies to individuals, and her diverse experience includes representing clients in commercial, contract, insurance coverage and real estate disputes, as well as defending manufacturers and distributors in product liability and tort claims involving automotive, commercial equipment and consumer products. Ms. Fogel has also defended pharmaceutical clients and has been involved in repetitive stress injury and HIV mass tort litigation involving hundreds of consolidated actions.
Ms. Fogel has particular experience representing automotive and consumer product clients in the defense of design, manufacture and warranty-related claims. She counsels and guides industry executives and key employees through preparation and defense of challenging depositions and complex discovery, including electronic discovery issues, and through all phases of pre-trial and trial litigation.
In addition to representing clients in complex litigation, Ms. Fogel also advises clients on litigation avoidance techniques and strategies. She provides practical and cost-effective guidance to clients on how to recognize and effectuate “best practices” for commercial, employment law and insurance coverage matters.
Affiliations + Recognition
- “AV-Rated Preeminent” Peer Review Rating by the Martindale-Hubbell
- Top Woman Attorney in NYC, Avenue Magazine
- Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America
- Member, Association of the Bar of the City of New York, Product Liability Committee, Tort Committee
- Co-Chair, Association of the Bar of the City of New York, Tort Section’s Legislative Sub-Committee
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Member, Defense Research Institute
- Lecturer, Women in Product Liability, Association of the Bar of New York City
- Lecturer, Use of Experts in Insurance Coverage, Stafford Continuing CLE
- Lecturer, Herzfeld-Rubin’s in-house CLE programs on Employment Law, Product Liability, and Trial Practice