Lydia Ferrarese represents corporate clients, especially European businesses, in a wide range of complex international litigation in New York and throughout the United States. She advises them as well with respect to their business transactions.
In the litigation sphere, Ms. Ferrarese not only has extensive experience at depositions and trials, but she has also been involved in conducting sophisticated written and electronic discovery, including discovery involving international parties and compliance with the Hague Service and Hague Evidence Conventions. She has dealt with a broad variety of different industries and diverse issues, including:
- Defense of a pharmaceutical corporation in a series of business disputes including Lanham Act false advertising claims, misappropriation of know-how, unfair competition and related claims;
- Defense of a European motor vehicle equipment manufacturer in business contract disputes;
- Representation of a major audio equipment company in breach of contract and business tort dispute;
- Representation of institutional investors and bondholders of the Republic of Argentina’s sovereign debt;
- Representation of investors in complex commercial fraud and negligence lawsuits associated with the winding-down of hedge funds.
- Representation of institutional investors in securities litigation involving complex international securities fraud and dealing with violations of the Securities Act of 1933 and the Securities Exchange Act of 1934.
Ms. Ferrarese also advises corporate clients in connection with their business ventures, focusing on business agreements (including distribution and supply agreements, licensing, etc.) shareholder and operating agreements, and related corporate matters including stock and assets acquisitions.
Prior to joining Herzfeld + Rubin, Ms. Ferrarese worked as a corporate lawyer in Mergers and Acquisitions for a major international law firm and as a business litigation attorney focusing on securities litigation and commercial litigation.
Ms. Ferrarese is fluent in Italian and English.
- Represented pharmaceutical corporations in stock and assets acquisitions and mergers;
- Represented brake manufacturer in assets acquisitions, processing and technology agreements;
- Represented automobile manufacturer in production vehicle agreements concerning self-driving vehicles technology;
- Represented technology company in assets acquisitions.
- Editor of “U.S.-E.U. Trade Barriers and the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership Agreement,” Emory University School of Law – ECGAR (Emory Corporate Governance and Accountability Law Review), January 2017 available at http://law.emory.edu/ecgar/content/volume-4/issue-special/essays-interviews/trade-barriers-transatlantic-partnership-agreement.html.
- Editor of “The Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act: The SEC Whistleblower Provision” available at http://www.whistleblowerlaws.com/?option=com_content&task=view&id=148&Itemid=52
- Editor “Le norme statunitensi sulle azioni collettive: analisi comparativa con la normativa Italiana e spunti di riflessione” (“U.S. Class Actions: A Comparative Analysis between U.S. and Italian Law), La Responsabilita’ Civile, Utet, 8-9/2008, p.746
- Editor, “Scioglimento della Società e tutela degli azionisti di minoranza” (Corporate Dissolution and Minority Shareholders’ Rights), Le Società, Ipsoa, 5/2001, p.627
- Contributor and Editor, Guida per l’esportatore dall’Italia agli Stati Uniti: dal tradizionale alla nuova economia (Guide for the Italian importer to the United States) – by Michael Doland, 2000
- April Fools Day is coming. Prank your friends opening a never ending fake update screen on their computer. Sit back and watch their reaction.
Affiliations + Recognition
- New York Super Lawyers (2013—2014—2015 Rising Star)
- 2019 Acritas Stars List
- The Era of Mass Data Litigation Seminar- “MULTIDISTRICT LITIGATION AGAINST FACEBOOK FOR PRIVACY VIOLATIONS AND EXPLOITATION OF USERS’ PERSONAL DATA – FACEBOOK’S DEFENSES”- March 2019, Padua University.
- Critical Legal, Tax and Banking Issues for Italian companies doing business in the U.S., “Business Litigation in the United States, U.S. Consulate in Milan, 2017
- Meet the Italian Lawyers in New York, Italian Consulate, 2016
- Jurisdiction and Evidence and the Role of Counsel in U.S. Litigation, Fondazione Forense, 2014
- ITALIAN AND U.S. COMPANY AND NOTARIAL LAW IN COMPARATIVE PERSPECTIVE, “Litigation in the United States”- Fordham University 2014
- Class Actions in the United States- AIGLI September 2013