Jeffrey L. Chase has extensive experience in complex civil litigation including class actions, product liability, personal injury defense, mass tort, and commercial litigation. He has tried cases involving a variety of product liability claims on behalf of major corporate defendants and has served as lead counsel in class action and mass tort cases. He has also served as regional counsel for product liability defendants. He previously served as lead counsel for Subaru in In re Takata Airbag Products Liability Litigation (S.D. Fla.) relating to allegedly defective Takata airbags.
Mr. Chase has lectured and authored on evidentiary and procedural issues, litigation strategy, defense of class actions and scientific evidence. He was Chairman of the Products Liability Committee for the New York County Lawyers Association and was a Sustaining Member of the Products Liability Advisory Council. He was also a member of the ABA’s Task Force on Conflicts of Law.
He has received the highest rating from Martindale-Hubbell from 2007-2021 (AV Preeminent Rating) and was selected as a New York Super Lawyer.
- David v. Volkswagen Grp. of Am., Inc., 2018 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 70284 (D. N.J., April 26, 2018).
- Speier-Roche v. Volkswagen Group of America, Inc., 2014 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 59991 (S.D. Fla., April 30, 2014)
- White v. Volkswagen Group of America, Inc., 2013 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 25238 (W.D. Ark., February 25, 2013)
- Shatriya v. Gilden, 16 Misc. 3d 1137A (2007) (J. Gische)
- Kenneth M. Mollins, on behalf of himself and other entities and individuals similarly situated, Plaintiffs, against Nissan Motor Co., Ltd., Nissan North America, Inc., and Smithtown Infiniti Inc., d/b/a Competition Infiniti, Defendants, 14 Misc. 3d 1226A (2007)
- Mannix v. Chrysler Corp., 2001 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 4641 (E.D.N.Y. 2001)
- Mayorga v. Reed Prentice Packaging Mach. Co., 238 A.D.2d 483 (2nd Dept. 1997)
- Bennett v. Long Island Lighting Co., 262 A.D.2d 437 (2nd Dept. 1991)
- Polyak v. GM, 167 A.D. 2d 235 (1st Dept. 1990)
- Rosario v. General Motors, 148 A.D.2d 108 (1st Dept. 1989)
- Choiniere v. AMC, 133 A.D.2d 232 (2d Dept. 1987)
- Caiazzo v. Volkswagen, 751 F.2d 241 (2nd Cir. 1981)
- Rule 12 Motions, Federal Litigation Guide, Co-Author, Chapter 3, Matthew Bender, 1988
- Seat-Belt Defense in Crashworthiness Cases, Outside Counsel, NYLJ, 4-19-1991
- Chapter 5, Guide to Survey Research, A Practitioner’s Guide to Law, Science, Contributing Author, FJC Manual, Black Lee Editors, 1997
- Opinions and Expert Testimony, section of N.Y.S. Bar Association Coursebook, Basics of Civil Practice – The Trial, November 2007
Affiliations + Recognition
- Sustaining Member, Products Liability Advisory Council
- Highest rating from Martindale-Hubbell (AV Rating)
- New York Super Lawyer from 2007—2021