Homer B. Ramsey is a member of the Board of Directors of Herzfeld + Rubin. He concentrates his practice on complex civil litigation including class actions, multi-district litigation and multifaceted individual litigation matters. He is an expert in product-related litigation, serving as U.S. class action counsel to the Volkswagen and Audi companies, as well as regional product liability counsel to Audi, Daimler, Mercedes-Benz, Nissan, NuVasive, Orthofix, Subaru, Volkswagen and other prominent manufacturers and distributors of cars, trucks, buses, heavy machinery, appliances, medical implants and other products. He counsels and represents domestic and foreign companies, organizations and entities in all phases of complex claims including product liability, consumer fraud, personal injury defense, mass tort, and commercial and business litigation. He represents major automotive companies in In re Takata Airbag Products Liability Litigation (S.D. Fla.), a multi-district litigation consolidating nationwide class actions regarding the most extensive recall in automotive history. He also coordinates the global representation of clients in international class actions, including in Australia, Canada and Israel.
An established resource for successfully handling unique and challenging causes of action, he has lectured on effective litigation practices and is regularly consulted by both clients and colleagues regarding thorny and atypical issues that require innovative strategies and creative solutions. He also proactively counsels businesses in risk and litigation avoidance, with the objective of keeping clients out of court by identifying and preemptively responding to potential problems before they become lawsuits. In the litigation arena, he coordinates and directs high caliber, thorough, no-holds-barred representation tailored to each client’s specific needs, ranging from global conglomerates and Fortune 100 organizations to small businesses and family-held entities.
Mr. Ramsey has been repeatedly selected as a New York “Super Lawyer” by his peers, is included in “New York’s Top Rated Lawyers”, is the recipient of the highest peer-review rating (AV) from the Martindale-Hubbell directory of attorneys, and has received accolades from some of the most prominent companies he has worked with for exemplary representation and results.
- In re Takata Airbag Products Liability Litigation, MDL Master File No. 15-02599 (S.D. Fla.)
- In re Volkswagen Timing Chain Product Liability Litigation, Civil Action No. 16-2765 (D. N.J.)
- David v. Volkswagen Group of America, Inc., 2018 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 70284 (D. N.J. 2018)
- Wiggins v. Subaru of America, Inc., Docket No. MRS-L-2572-13 (N.J. Super. 2015)
- Carobert v. Baldor Electric Co., 102 A.D.3d 905 (2d Dept. 2013)
- Giannotti v. Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC, 56 A.D.3d 610 (2d Dept. 2008)
- Schultze v. DaimlerChrysler Corp., 2006 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 85273 (S.D.N.Y. 2006)
- Gangi v. DaimlerChrysler Corp., 14 A.D.3d 482 (2d Dept. 2005)
- Caronna v. Macy’s East, Inc., 800 N.Y.S.2d 343 (Sup. Ct. N.Y. County 2001)
- Kumar v. Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC, 2009 N.Y. Misc. LEXIS 4671 (Sup. Ct. N.Y. County 2009)
Affiliations + Recognition
- Member, New York City Bar Association
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Repeatedly selected as a New York “Super Lawyer” by his peers
- Included in “New York’s Top Rated Lawyers”
- Highest Rating from Martindale-Hubbell (AV Rating)