David William Tyler has successfully represented international and domestic corporations and individuals in matters including products liability and tort, insurance, real estate and title, business disputes, and compliance matters. He has lectured and published articles on effective litigation practices, use of experts in product liability cases, and qui tam litigation, including matters brought under state and federal False Claims Acts.
Mr. Tyler currently represents multi-national corporations and product manufacturers in individual and class action products liability matters in highly regulated fields, including the automotive, medical device, pharmaceutical, and associated industries. Mr. Tyler has also represented corporate defendants, carriers, and insureds in insurance disputes involving personal injury, environmental issues, and toxic torts. He has significant experience prosecuting subrogation and direct actions on behalf of carriers seeking to recoup policy losses. Mr. Tyler has also represented banks, landowners, and title insurance carriers in real estate and title litigation, including numerous title claims, mortgage and judgment lienholder rivalries, real estate fraud, boundary line issues, rights of way and easement disputes. Mr. Tyler has represented individual and corporate clients in matters involving business disputes, breach of contract, fraud, and regulatory compliance.
Mr. Tyler is dedicated to community service. He has served on the board of directors of a not-for-profit corporation he helped found, volunteered in a local food pantry, and has organized teams for and participated in races benefiting various charitable organizations. Mr. Tyler has also performed pro bono legal work representing indigent victims of domestic violence.
- “The Newest ‘Darling of the Modern Prosecutor’s Nursery’: Use of the Federal and State Federal False Claims Acts in the Healthcare Industry,” second chapter in the book 2010 Health Law and Compliance Update (New York: Wolters Kluwer Law & Business, 2010)
- “New Jersey Enacts False Claims Act,” Epstein Becker & Green Client Alert, Published 2/2008
- “Experts and the Morass of Mass Tort Litigation,” Products Liability Law and Strategy, Published 8/2005
Affiliations + Recognition
- Member, New York City Bar Association, E-Discovery Working Group
- Member, New York City Bar Association, Product Liability Committee
- “Fidelity National Law Group, 2014 National In House Litigation Recoupment Litigation Training,” Presented and Organized 10/2014.
- “Fidelity National Law Group, 2012 National In House Litigation Recoupment Litigation Training,” Presented and Organized 10/2012.
- “The New Jersey False Claims Act: Perspectives and Insight,” Presented 9/2008
- “Employer Liability for Intentional Torts,” Bergen County Bar Association, Presented 3/2006