Professor Aaron Twerski is a preeminent authority in the areas of products liability and tort law and has become involved in specific, unique projects in the areas of his expertise for clients, including with respect to trial court legal issues and appeals.
Professor Twerski was also a Trial Attorney with the United States Department of Justice, Civil Rights Division – Honors Program, 1965 – 66.
- Cases and Materials for a Concise Course on Conflict of Laws, (co-authored with Prof. Neil B. Cohen) West American Casebook Series (2015)
- Cases and Materials on the Law of Torts, (co-authored with Prof. James A. Henderson, Jr.) Aspen Publishers (2003); Second Edition, Aspen Publishers (2008); Third Edition, Aspen Publishers (2012) (co-authored with Professor James A. Henderson, Jr. and W. Bradley Wendell); Fourth Edition, Aspen Publishers (2017) (co-authored with Professor James A. Henderson, Jr. and W. Bradley Wendell).
- Products Liability: Problems and Process, (co-authored with Prof. James A. Henderson, Jr.) Little Brown & Co. (1987) Supplement (1989); Second Edition (1992); Third Edition, Aspen Publishers (1997). Fourth Edition, Aspen Publishers (2000); Fifth Edition, Aspen Publishers (2004); Sixth Edition, Aspen Publishers (2008); Seventh Edition, Aspen Publishers (2011); Eighth Edition, Aspen Publishers, co-authored with James A. Henderson and Douglas A. Kysar (2016).
- Professor Twerski is the author of dozens of law review articles on torts and products liability law.
Affiliations + Recognition
- Teaching Fellow, Harvard Law School, 1966—1967
- Professor of Law, Dusquesne Law School, 1967—1972
- Professor of Law, Hofstra Law School, 1972—1986
- Interim Dean, Hofstra Law School, 1977—1978
- Visiting Professor, Cornell University Law School, 1976
- Visiting Professor, Boston Law School, 1982 Visiting Professor, University of Michigan Law School, 1985
- Irwin and Jill Cohen Professor of Law, Brooklyn Law School, 1986—Present
- Recipient, Robert B. McKay Law Professor Award American Bar Association’s Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Section, recognizing law professors committed to the advancement of justice, scholarship and the legal profession in the fields of tort and insurance law.
- Recipient, Honorary, Doctor of Laws, Touro College, May 2004.
- Recipient, William L. Prosser Award from the American Association of Law School’s Torts and Compensation System Section, given to torts professors who have made an outstanding contribution to the law of torts during their career.
- Co-reporter for the American Law Institute’s Restatement of the Law (Third) Torts: Products Liability.
- Named the R. Ammi Cutter Reporter by the American Law Institute (Honor bestowed by the American Law Institute for distinguished performance as a Reporter) 1997.
- Appointed special master in the federal 9/11 cases dealing with the injuries claimed by those involved in the clean-up of the World Trade Center site.
- Professor Twerski is a frequent lecturer to the practicing bar